Pharmacy in Germany
Tuesday 29 September 2015
E14, 3 hours
Organised by the Local Host Committee
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Explain the system of undergraduate education and the steps taken to prepare the pharmacist of the future.
- Outline how hospital pharmacists ensure medication safety.
- List examples of the wide range of areas of work in the German military.
- Describe the scale and scope of the pharmaceutical industry in Germany.
- Explain the envisioned future for pharmacy practice in Germany.
Chairs: Martin Schulz (ABDA, Germany) and Kerstin Neumann (Johnson & Johnson, Germany)
11:00 1) Welcome
Martin Schulz (ABDA, Germany)
11:05 2) Preparing the pharmacist for the future
Dieter Steinhilber (Goethe-University Frankfurt, Germany) and
Ulrich Jaehde (University Bonn, Germany)
11:35 3) Medication safety in hospital pharmacy
Torsten Hoppe-Tichy (University Hospital Heidelberg, Germany)
12:05 4) Military pharmacy: challenging areas of work at home and in mission
Arne Krappitz (Bundeswehr Medical Service Headquarters, Germany)
12:55 5) R & D in Germany
Andreas Busch (Bayer HealthCare, Germany)
13:25 6) 2030 in perspective: medication therapy management in community pharmacy
Katja Renner (Wassenberg, Germany)
13:55 7) Closing remarks
Kerstin Neumann (Johnson & Johnson, Germany)